Thursday, September 17, 2009

Message to my NewSpring Church friends who have stopped talking to me

One of the most baffling things I have experienced since I left NewSpring Church is how the people I used to talk to have all but disappeared. Anyone who has ever attended NewSpring Church knows how the volunteers go out of their way to make everyone feel welcomed.

When I first started attending NewSpring Church in Greenville, I made friends with some of the staff etc... I always enjoyed talking to them when I volunteered on Sundays and during membership class.

When I started digging deep into what Perry Noble was teaching and started speaking up against some of the things going on at NewSpring Church, problems began to arise.

I went out of my way to try to contact Perry Noble several times with questions about his teachings only to be intercepted by the campus pastor. I tried to e-mail Perry. I sent him messages on Twitter, etc... only to be completely ignored. When I decided to leave NewSpring Church I wrote two letters. One letter was sent to Perry Noble with my concerns based upon the Scriptures, and the other was sent as an e-mail to the Greenville campus pastor. In the e-mail to the Greenville Campus, I did not mention any of my concerns with Perry Noble.

I know some of you read my blog. I would like to say that my concerns and complaints with NewSpring Church have nothing to do with you. It is my prayer that you will read what I have been blogging about and go to the Scriptures as your final authority. All the good works, all the good intentions, and all the outward expressions of godliness do not pardon the errors being taught by Perry Noble. No matter how much you volunteer and see "x" number of confessions, it does not cover the fact the Perry Noble is giving you "sour milk."

In the Scriptures, we see that Jesus Christ did not come to bring harmony by ignoring errors. Many times Jesus and the apostles caused some problems by simply speaking the truth.

John 8:57-59 (New American Standard Bible)

57So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

59Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple.


The Jews did not get angry because Jesus was a radical as Perry Noble likes to claim. Jesus Christ obeyed the Law, therefore He corrected the errors taught by some of the rabbis. These people did not get mad because they were religious as Perry likes to proclaim, but they got angry because the Word spoke against what they wanted to hear and follow.

The same thing is done by Noble when people try to point out his errors and his love of the world. He rants and raves calling us "pissed off" because we are "religious." His condemnation of people like me is based upon what? It is based upon the fact that I pointed to Col 3:8 and I Cor 13 when I tried to talk to him about his rant against being a pastor. Take a look at this blog where Perry defends a heretic named Joel Osteen and a false teacher named T.D. Jakes. Why does Perry defend false teachers like Rob Bell and rant against people like me who are sola scriptura, upholding the Bible as our final authority in all matters of faith and practice?

It really saddens me when so many of my NewSpring friends no longer respond to my e-mails, etc... All I can do is pray that God opens your hearts to the truth. What was my crime? My crime was exposing the problems with Perry Noble.

Matthew 10:33-36 (New American Standard Bible)

33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;

36and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD."


Speaking the truth is never an easy thing to do. Pointing out the many errors in Perry Noble's ministry must be done because Noble is teaching a form of Christianity that is against the Scriptures. See "Did Jesus argue doctrine?"

It is my prayer that you will read my blogs about Noble and understand my concerns. My problem is not with you or anyone else who volunteers/attends NewSpring Church. My problem is with Perry Noble and his rebellious carnal leadership which make the Word of God out to be some sort of "hip" and "cool" relevant game of keeping a numbers scoreboard. See "Confessing Christ, false professions, and the numbers game."

The Bible is my final authority in my life. The Bible commands me to point out errors and warn people about false teachers and dangerous doctrines.

2 Timothy 4:1-4 (New International Version)

2 Timothy 4

1In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.


I truly hope that you understand my agenda and my reasons for exposing the errors taught by Perry Noble.

Romans 16:17-20 (New American Standard Bible)

17Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

18For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

19For the report of your obedience has reached to all; therefore I am rejoicing over you, but I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil.

20The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.


Romans 3:3-5 (New American Standard Bible)

3What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?

4May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,
"THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS,
AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED."

5But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He? (I am speaking in human terms.)


I stand by the Word of God as my foundation and my defense for my stand against Perry Noble and his false teachings.

1 comment:

  1. You said, "One of the most baffling things I have experienced since I left NewSpring Church is how the people I used to talk to have all but disappeared."

    I'm also amazed by the phenomenon. I'm willing to bet in their minds, their doing their biblical duty of avoiding a man beyond reproach, but it's exactly that mindset that often obscures sound judgment.

    You said, "When I started digging deep into what Perry Noble was teaching and started speaking up against some of the things going on at NewSpring Church, problems began to arise."

    I've seen this happen at other churches.

    You said, "I know some of you read my blog. I would like to say that my concerns and complaints with NewSpring Church have nothing to do with you. It is my prayer that you will read what I have been blogging about and go to the Scriptures as your final authority."

    Seems to me that you've done the best you can do. Those who can see, will - on either side.

    ReplyDelete